The Operations Manager will be responsible
for data entry, accounts payable, payroll, grant report entry, managing
the organizations HR, helping and creating organizational and program
budgets in collaboration with the ED and Program Direct, and other misc.
Reporting to the ED and serving as a member of the Management Team along
with the ED, Program Director and Development Director, this position's
primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by
providing leadership for the organization's financial functions.
Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the
development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies
and practices. This position will also interact with the Board of
- Improve the operational systems,
processes and policies in support of organizations mission --
specifically, support better management reporting, information flow
and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness
and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through
improvements to each function as well as coordination and
communication between support and business functions.
- Play a significant role in long-term
planning, including an initiative geared toward operational
- Oversee overall financial management,
planning, systems and controls.
- Management of agency budget in
coordination with the Executive Director.
- Development of individual program
- Invoicing to funding sources,
including calculation of completed units of service.
- Payroll management, including
tabulation of accrued employee benefits.
- Disbursement of checks for agency
- Organization of fiscal documents.
- Regular meetings with Executive
Director around fiscal planning.
- Supervise and coach office manager on
a weekly basis.
Responsibilities by Function
- Direct annual budgeting and planning
process for the organization's annual budget with ED
- Develop and manage annual budget
- Oversee monthly and quarterly
assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance
against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and
long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Managing day to day processing of
accounts receivable and payable using QuickBooks, producing reports as
- Reconciling monthly activity,
generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements.
- Assisting Executive Director and Board
in creating annual organizational budget and monitoring cash flow.
- Managing grantor contracts and
- Maintaining Intersection's archival
and administrative files.
- Administering payroll and employee
benefits and organizational insurance.
- Ensure that Accounting Department
requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal
and external parties.
- Develop long-range forecasts and
maintain long-range financial plans.
- Develop, maintain and monitor all
fundraising and accounting systems and procedures capturing all
pledges, billings and receipts and for the recording of all revenue
transactions, recommend and implement improvements to systems.
- Prepare annual audit and be a liaison
with all outside vendor.
- Manage functions.
- Increase the effectiveness and
efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function
(HR, IT, Finance) as well as coordination and communication between
- Drive initiatives in the management
team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational
- Providing consulting services on
matters related to fundraising, tax and insurance questions, and
business structure and growth.
- Contribute to short and long-term
organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management
- Serve as primary liaison to legal
counsel in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, antitrust,
governing instruments, partnerships, licensing etc.
- Oversee organizational insurance
- Commitment to social justice and the
- At least 3 years experience in
- Strong background and work experience
- Excellent computer skills and
proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
- Excellent communication skills both
verbal and written
- 3 plus years experience in bookkeeping
- Knowledge of government contract
management and +Knowledge and experience in organizational
effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in
managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a
collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight
- A demonstrated commitment to high
professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance
implications of non-profit status
- Excels at operating in an fast pace,
- Excellent people manager, open to
direction and +Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job
- Ability to challenge and debate
issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from
several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a